Sunday, August 19, 2012

Guilt Trips...

As most of my cat friends already know, our witching hour is in the middle of the night. Pretty much every one of my evenings play out like this:

- Family time with M&D. Oscar & I lay on the bed with mom & dad and watch TV.

- Dad, Oscar & I fall asleep at a reasonable hour. Mom is a night owl and has no bed time.

- Anywhere from 12:30-4:30 everyone is in constant danger of me waking up. Once awake, I scream really loud in the bedroom while jumping on top of furniture or hiding behind it where I can't be reached. Mom scrambles to find me before I wake dad. It's a REALLY fun game!!

- Mom locks me out of the bedroom & I go about my business. Oscar gets to stay because he behaves better, and has no interest in hopping off the bed.

- This is where the guilt comes in. After I'm thrown out, and mom comes out of the bedroom later for a drink, etc I start being the sweetest boy in the world!!!

I weave in and out of her legs until she sits with me. Then I head butt her and purr, lick her hands, and a knead her. At that point, she feels so guilty about kicking me out, she gives me another chance!!! Which I ruin in 5 mins by being bad as soon I come into the bedroom. Then dad gets upset with both of us....

We go through this almost every night.

And if mom doesn't bring me in, she feels really bad for me all alone in the apt while everyone else is in the bed. So, she'll come out and visit me and pet me a few times throughout the night. And if I'm lucky, she'll blog with me!

Here is a collage of me sleeping! M&D say it's the only time I'm a good boy.



3 comments:

  1. Karl, you are definitely a night owl...er, cat...night cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're a naughty cat, Karl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! It's my thing... My trademark! I have a lot of personality. :)

      Delete